Site Sections

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Car Troubles...

Man, sometimes I just feel like quitting driving. If only I could, I think I would. Not only would it save me the money in gas, but also from dealing with leaking radiators, bad service at Precision Auto, and all around car problems.

So here is my story:

My car was overheating, it would take radiator fluid while it was cool and it wouldn't leak. Turns out that when I ran it, it would still overheat no matter how much coolant I put in it. Also when I turned off the car, it would leak like a siv from the front corner of my driver side. I looked under the hood, and it didn't seem like any hose was leaking that I could see, so off to Precision Auto to get it checked out for radiator leaks. They look at it, never call me back with an estimate, figure out apparently that a clamp on a hose has come loose. I call them a few hours later right before they close and they say this to me and tell me that they have already fixed it, without my consent. I should have told them that, that was it and I wasn't going to pay them since they never called me back. Well, I was just happy to have my car fixed I paid it, whatever. Turns out it was 48 dollars in labor just to fix a clamp and run a pressure test. They tell me it turned out ok, radiator holds pressure, cost me a buck for a new clamp.

I drive it home, no overheating, so I'm happy right? Drive it to work and I didn't even pay attention to whether or not it was fixed, it seemed to be running fine. I get out of work just as Precision is about to close and notice that my heat is rising again... now I'm pissed right? They said it should be fixed. I get it home and look, sure enough, still leaking. I pull out my cell and give Precision a call back, and they say "Oh it might be your thermostat sticking, I can get you in on Thursday".

This is ridiculous, I shouldn't have to pay for service again, and this time I tell you I won't. Parts maybe but definitely not labor, it's their fault, they told me it was fixed. Moral of the story, walk or ride a bike, it's healthier, better for the environment, and a whole lot cheaper. If only I could, too bad I live in the U.P. of Michigan...

... needless to say, I have been dealing with either trying to find a new car to purchase or fix this one, not so much working on my game... Very sad :( hoping to get back to it soon, right after I beat Resident Evil for GC.

No comments: