Site Sections

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Engine work again!

Well, it looks like I have found some time to do some more work on the engine. Last night I started writing a few more managers to handle static textures and models for my next goal of building a level editor. I noticed that the Hazy mind engine loads each texture and model at the time that the the load content function is called. It also loads the same texture multiple times if the developer creates multiple copies of the same object. I think that I can streamline this assuming that I know what textures and models are going to be loaded like a library.

This would make sense in a standard game as I can develop a map file that contains a list of all the assets that are going to be used in a level. These can be loaded into a manager and used like a lookup table when they are required.

When I get this functionality fully working I will post a tutorial here. Check back soon!

No comments: