Site Sections

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Game Review - Time Hollow : NDS : Konami

So, its been a while since I reviewed a DS game, probably since it's been a while since I bought a DS game and played it. However, I did pick up this game, and was pleasantly surprised. The reason I got it was because it looked like an anime for one. The other reason was that it reminded me of the old Kings Quest style of point and click adventure games that I used to play as a kid, the kind like "Sam and Max" and that breed.

Good: I felt the game play was well executed, it didn't try to pretend like there was more to it than there really was. Although game play wasn't "Fast pace" or "Exciting" it was never the less, enjoyable. It was like reading an interactive novel. The dialog was not over the top, and for a DS game, the cut scenes were much better than I expected.

Bad: The game was not hard... it was very very simple. Basically all you have to do is visit every area that you can every time you can and click on every object that has changed. The game does kind of feel like an I spy book. When things in the past change they change the present state of objects and people. Thus, talk to everyone and click on everything and you will win...

Also, never once did I "die" or run out of hollow time. It wasn't challenging enough when it came to knowing where to draw the time holes. Each scene was easily investigated.

Reception: Like I said, overall I enjoyed playing the game, if you play it, stay for the credits (I wont spoil it for you, but there is something after them). I give this game, for its genre a 89%

No comments: