Site Sections

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Devistation

Sometimes life isn't fair...

Let me explain: I have been working on my editor in unmanaged Direct X, in Visual Studios 2008 Express Edition. I have it displaying as I want it to. Now I want to create a separate window that shows parameters of selected objects in the Editor.

Now there are two problems:
  1. Windows Forms are managed, and they can not be mixed with unmanaged code *Easily*.
  2. Standard windows controls (MFC) can not be edited in the express edition of Visual Studios.
Now I have three options:
  1. Spring the cash for the Professional edition of visual studios 2008, port my project over.
  2. Start my project over again in Managed Direct X.
  3. Do some funky file mapped memory stuff and create the parameter window as a separate project and pass messages between the two applications.
This one is going to take me a while to figure out...

No comments: