Site Sections

Monday, May 12, 2008

Its a Little Big Planet

Taking a break from studying and thought I would share a little link I encountered.

I had heard of Little Big Planet at the GDC last year. There was a presentation with actual game play footage and I must say that I was amazed. I found this trailer today and thought that they have definitely improved on the initial content.

Little Big Planet Trailer

I am still not sure what the "Game" in Little Big Planet is, but I like the concept. The question is: How long will you be able to play it before getting bored of creating levels over and over again? I think it will be cool to share your levels and such online (the functionality which was already demonstrated at the GDC). Yet, without any real storyline concept/single player mode, it might get old very quickly. I personally play many games for their storyline. I have never been much of a counterstrike fan, and those who know me know that I despise WOW on the principle that it consumes your soul.

Now, if they place mini-game mechanisms in the editor that will allow players to create their own level objectives, scoring systems and the such, then this I could see becoming something of interests to wannabe game developers with little or no programming knowledge. As far as I can tell the game does not have these aspects though and is giving me the impression of a very interactive paint application.

I guess I will just have to wait to see.

No comments: