Site Sections

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week #1 End

Ah... First week of grad school finished, only... (counts to himself under his breath) too many left. At least Accounting will be over in 6 weeks.

Moving to a new department of GE Aviation soon temporarily. More than likely till the end of summer. Unfortunately I will be working in Java again. I had really thought I had finished with that in college. Its too bad really, I really can use the C++ experience more and in all actuality I don't even think I remember Java all that well anymore. I am confident that I will be able to pick it up again very quickly but that is not the point.

Fortunately, I will be working with a SQL database, something I have had little experience with as of yet in my professional career. I can't imagine it will be difficult though, and who knows, perhaps it will help me understand large scale MMO game database management.

So, here is to next week... Exam number 1 of Accounting, and the rest of my summer. Woo hoo...

No comments: